[url=https://www.discogs.com/Sparks-Kimono-My-House/release/897437]Album preview
WavPack (image+.cue,log,scans) / MP3 320 Kbps | 47 min | Pop Rock, New Wave | 327 / 134 MB

01. This Town Ain't Big Enough for Both of Us (Ron Mael) - 3:05
02. Amateur Hour (Ron Mael) - 3:37
03. Falling In Love With Myself Again (Ron Mael) - 3:03
04. Here In Heaven (Ron Mael) - 2:48
05. Thank God It's Not Christmas (Ron Mael) - 5:07
06. Hasta MaƱana Monsieur (Russell Mael and Ron Mael) - 3:52
07. Talent Is An Asset (Ron Mael) - 3:21
08. Complaints (Ron Mael) - 2:50
09. In My Family (Russell Mael and Ron Mael) - 3:48
10. Equator (Ron Mael) - 4:42
11. Barbecutie (B-Side This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both of Us) - 3:10
12. Lost & Found (B-Side 'Amateur Hour') - 3:18
13. "Amateur Hour (live at Fairfield Halls 09/11/1975)" (Features the Indiscreet line-up of Sparks) - 4:45

Russell Mael, vocals
Ron Mael, keyboards
Martin Gordon, bass
Adrian Fisher, guitar
Norman "Dinky" Diamond, drums

Arguably one of Sparks' best albums, 1974's Kimono My House finds the brothers Mael (Ron wrote most the songs and played keyboards, while Russell was the singing frontman) ingeniously playing their guitar- and keyboard-heavy pop mix on 12 consistently fine tracks. Adding a touch of bubblegum, and even some of Zappa's own song-centric experimentalism to the menu, the Maels spruce up a sleazy Sunset Strip with a bevy of Broadway-worthy performances here: as the band expertly revs up the glam rock-meets-Andrew Lloyd Webber backdrops, Russell sends things into space with his operatic vocals and ever-clever lyrics. And besides two of their breakthrough hits (the English chart-toppers "This Town Ain't Big Enough for Both of Us" and "Amateur Hour"), the album features one of their often-overlooked stunners, "Here in Heaven." Essential.

MP3

FLAC
DOWNLOAD