English | 2022 | ISBN: ‎ 1735467227 | 200 pages | True PDF EPUB MOBI | 41.54 MB

Completely updated for Django 4.0 & Django REST Framework 3.13
Django for APIs is a project-based guide to building modern web APIs with Django & Django REST Framework. It is suitable for beginners who have never built an API before as well as professional programmers looking for a fast-paced introduction to Django fundamentals and best practices.
Over the course of 200+ pages you'll learn how to set up a new project properly, how web APIs work under the hood, and advanced testing and deployment techniques. Three separate projects are built from scratch with progressively more advanced features including a Library API, Todo API, and Blog API. User authentication, permissions, documentation, viewsets, and routers are all covered thoroughly.
Django for APIs is a best-practices guide to building powerful Python-based web APIs with a minimal amount of code.
Reviews
"If you're looking for a guide into the world of Django, then the three-step of Django for Beginners , Django for APIs , and Django for Professionals is ideal: get up and running, get into APIs, which are a cornerstone of modern app development, and then add the bits you need to your fledging app into production, from databases and static files, to user accounts and security. It's a long road. Will's books are an awesome companion." -CARLTON GIBSON, Django Fellow and Django REST Framework core contributor
"When readers interested in web development ask me what to read next after Python Crash Course, I refer them to Will's books: Django for Beginners , Django for APIs , and Django for Professionals . I highly recommend you check out his work." -ERIC MATTHES, author of Python Crash Course
"Will's books are a fantastic resource for web development with Django and Python. I highly recommended them." -JEFF TRIPLETT, Python Software Foundation Director , DEFNA President , and REVSYS Partner
DOWNLOAD